Talk Wickenburg

[ Home | Contents | Post | Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: Growth and annexation

From: Richard Wertz
Date: 17 Feb 2007
Time: 12:46:40 -0700
Remote Name:


Growth should be governed by the zoning ordinances of the town. These ordinances should not easily be changed for the purpose of increase density. Any change in a zoning ordinance should have to meet some type of step back zoning. By this, I mean that if the adjacent property is zoned 5 acres, any change in zoning next to this property should be slowly phased in. The zoning should go from 5 acrea, to 2 acre, to one acre, to small residential zoning, to lowest commerical zoning, on to higher commerical zoning. This type of step back zoning protects existing and surrounding property owners while giving the owner wishing to change zoning an opportunity to do so but without adversely affecting prior zoning and current property owners. Any change in zoning should also meet the highest standards set forth in any Master Plan. The Master Plan should not be allowed to be changed without major admendments when such change results in existing residential property being subjected to commerical rezoning. This will protect the existing property owner and the existing zoning.

Last changed: 05/25/09